Sabado, Agosto 4, 2012

The Fallen Ubermensch

The Fallen Ubermensch

For once you sheltered me with your nurturing love
That which is praised even from the one above
You caressed my broken being and made it whole
But now shatters it in front of all

I do not wish for eternity
I only desired time
For eternity is not mine to experience with felicity
But for your paramour accused with no crime

Time is that which was stolen from me
Judgment had been passed, pronounced as guilty
Unworthy to love and to be loved
Harsh words they say I deserve to have

I am not what you think I am
I am what you think I am not

So I fought, and failed, and fought again
Blinded, I believed that I was not beaten
I stayed, and struggled, only to end up getting strangled
Deceived, I believed that victory is what I hold

Empty handed I continued the battle
But this time not a single enemy is visible
Belied, you told me that I finally won
But later reversed the judgment, pronounced "victory undone"

Puzzled, I tried to reflect
Perplexed, I wondered what's next
Enlightened, I hid the tears
Deserted, I consumed the beers

For he's a god and I am not
He's perfect, and I deserve to rot
He's a diamond, I am a stone
He's got everything but I am all alone

I am stranger, he's a noble
I am a body, he's a soul
I am a slave, he's a king
I am nothing, he's something

I wish you'd understand
That I am not what you think I am
I am what you think I am not.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento